If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies have a wonderful peanuty taste thanks to the quinoa flakes. We have someone with a nut allergy in our house so this a great way to approximate the joy of peanut butter cookies, but much healthier to boot! The recipe was inspired by a quinoa cookie in Good to the Grain by Kim Boyce. - handknit
Serves many (or not if you have someone with a sweet tooth)
- 14 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2-1 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour or quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips (I use a mix of semi and bitter sweet)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl beat butter, oil and sugars until creamy. Then add eggs and vanilla. Beat well
- Add baking soda and salt and stir to combine. Next add flours. Once they are mixed in, add oats and quinoa flakes. Final addition is chocolate chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe