Author Notes: Back in high school I used to go to a bagel shop in our neighborhood and get this blended coffee drink they had called the jumpin' monkey that had espresso, chocolate, and banana. I suddenly remembered it the other day and decided I wanted to try to make my own homemade version. - fiveandspice
- 2 very ripe bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- 2 2-oz. shots of espresso (or 4 oz. strong coffee), cooled
- 1/2 cup Greek style yogurt
- 6 ounces milk, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon (heaped) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy – adding more milk if necessary – about one minute. Taste and blend in the honey if you’d like the drink to be sweeter. Divide between two glasses and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!