If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my take on a recipe from the New York Times's Restaurant Takeaway column. It's a simple kimchi-and-egg dish, jazzed up with a rice vinegar-honey-Sriracha drizzle. The combination of crunchy and soft, sweet and spicy, is really terrific. —ieatthepeach
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon Sriracha, or to taste
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- White pepper to taste
- 1 cup kimchi, drained
- 2 scallions, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable, peanut, or canola oil
- Note: For this recipe, you'll need an 8- or 10-inch nonstick skillet that can go in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, honey, and Sriracha. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together eggs, soy sauce, and white pepper. Set aside.
- Pat the kimchi as dry as you can with a paper towel, and finely chop. Cut the scallions in half lengthwise, then cut into 1-inch batons. Set aside.
- In a medium nonstick oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add scallions and saute for 1-2 minutes, or until the scallions start to soften. Add kimchi and saute for another 30 seconds to a minute, or until the mixture is warm and fragrant.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and wait a second or two for the sizzling to subside. Add eggs and quickly stir to incorporate the kimchi and scallions. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes (shorter for a 10-inch skillet, longer for an 8-inch), or until the frittata is set on top but still tender and soft all the way through.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and immediately transfer the frittata to a cutting board. Cut into wedges, and season lightly with salt. Serve warm or at room temperature, drizzled with the Sriracha mixture.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
Your New Main Squeeze
A tart, sunny lemon bar cheesecake
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Recipe of the Day
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.