If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a very simple chicken wing recipe, that gets its base from tamarind chutney found in most Indian stores. The sweet and tangy base is further sparked up with cayenne and ginger. This recipe can also be done on the grill if desired. - Rinku Bhattacharya
- 3/4 cups tamarind chutney (store made)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 2 pods garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable (such as grape seed) oil for basting
- Cilantro and Freshly ground black pepper to garnish
- Pleace the tamarind chutney, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic and soy sauce in a blender and process to a paste.
- Toss the wings into the mixture and set aside for 2 hours at room temperature or lower to marinate.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Spread the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet and add the oil and roast for 35 minutes, turning once. The chicken should be tender and lightly crisped at spots.
- Serve the wings hot garnished with black pepper and cilantro
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe