If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A warm and filling soup that is great for meal prep! —Tiffany
- 12 ounces Pork Sausage, uncased
- 4 Campari Tomatoes
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 Medium White Onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Dry Lentils, washed & sorted
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 8 Baby Carrots
- 2 handfuls Chopped Kale
- In a large pot, brown the sausage on medium heat.
- Pulse the tomatoes and the roasted pepper in a food processor until you have a slightly chunky sauce.
- Add the tomato and red pepper mixture to the sausage along with the lentils, vegetable broth, water, cumin, black pepper and bay leaf.
- Mix and cover. Simmer on low heat for about 1 hour.
- Stir in carrots and add more broth if needed (based on your desired consistency)
- Cover and let simmer another 15-20 minutes before adding in kale.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Lentils should be soft and kale wilted. Soup is ready to enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.