If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious roasted macadamia nut butter. It's perfectly creamy and (almost) reminiscent of Nutella. Serve it on gluten-free toast with more toasted macadamia nuts or sliced bananas, spread it on fresh warm crêpes instead of Nutella, use it as a dip for dried or fresh fruit, stir it into hot oats or quinoa, or just eat it by the spoonful (safe from anyone’s judgment). - Maja Lukic - Veggies & Gin
Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar, or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spread the macadamia nuts out on a baking sheet in an even layer and roast for about 10 to 15 minutes, checking the nuts halfway, until lightly browned.
- Allow the nuts to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the macadamia nuts to your food processor and pulse a few times. Then process for about 5 minutes until the mixture becomes creamy and buttery, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the cacao powder, espresso powder, coconut sugar, vanilla, and sea salt and continue to process for 3 to 5 more minutes until the butter is perfectly creamy.
- The nut butter can be served right away or stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. For long-term storage, freeze for up to 1 month.
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.