If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Very popular dessert in Sri- Lanka. The original recipe calls for a tub of butter and confectioners sugar which i think makes this pudding too sweet and dense. With half the ingredients and substitutes my version of this chocolaty treat is bound to win your taste buds. —upanetha
For the Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups Semi sweet cooking chocolate
- 1/2 cup 60% Dark cooking Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Good vanilla extract
- 2-3 teaspoons Rum (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Brewed Coffee
- 1 teaspoon Rose water ( optional)
- 3 Egg yolks
Rest of the ingredients for the pudding
- 2 packets Goya Marie (48-50 Biscuits)
- 2 cups Milk 2% or Skim (to soak the biscuit)
- 1/4 cup Roasted and chopped unsalted cashews ( garnish)
- 1/4 cup shaved dark chocolate curls ( garnish)
- In a double boiler melt the Semi Sweet and the 60% dark chocolate.
- When the chocolate is fully dissolved remove the bowl from the heat add the brewed coffee and in goes the 2 tablesoon of butter. while stirring continuously add the egg yolks in. if the mixture becomes too clumpy add a little warm water or warm milk to thin it out. mix it well in to smooth dense cream . set aside to cool.
- in a separate bowl combine the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, rum and rose water. whip it until soft peaks are formed.
- fold the cooled chocolate in to the whipped cream. when mixed well you should get a lovely deep brown mousse. Cover and put it in the fridge for about 30 min
- warm 2 cups of milk soak a few biscuits at a time in the milk and layer them in a glass flat bottom dish.( i do 2 layers of biscuits you cloud do 1 ). spoon some of the chocolate mousse spread it evenly in to a thin layer over the soaked biscuits. continue with a soaked biscuit layer on top and repeat until you fill up the glass tray.
- the very top layer should be the chocolate mousse. Sprinkle the cashes and the shaved chocolate curls on top refrigerate over night. and ENJOY with a cup of tea or as a dessert.
All Tied Up
The 4 knots you should know
The knots you should know.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
This week's #happylist.
Have a ball (jar).