If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love making this pie for big celebrations. I find that it is a great chocolate dessert that isn't too heavy. As the name suggests, it has a wonderfully silky texture that is lightened with the whipped cream topping. Sometimes I scatter silver sprinkles on top to make it really festive for a New Year's celebration. - KelseyTheNaptimeChef
Serves 1 9" pie
For the Crust
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons butter
For the Pie
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300. Melt and cool 4 T. of butter. Then mix it with the coconut and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the coconut is lightly toasted. Remove and cool.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar. Then add the cooled chocolate and vanilla extract. Mix everything until well combined and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Next, add 2 of the eggs and mix on high speed for 5 minutes (not a second less!) Then, scrape down the sides, add the remaining 2 eggs and beat on high speed for another 5 minutes! (again, not a second less!). The mixture will be airy and mousse-like.
- Pour chocolate into cooled crust and spread it evenly with a spatula. Then put it in the fridge to cool for at least 6 hours. *The pie can be left in the fridge overnight or longer at this point.*
- After 6 hours, combine the whipping cream and powdered sugar in a bowl and beat or hand whisk to make a light whipped cream. Spread evenly over top of pie and serve.
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.