If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Country style fluffy dumplings reminiscent of a Northern Italian delight. Artisanal shaped free form ricotta morsels ready in minutes and ready to add to a sophisticated meal. - Marisa R
- 3 lg. eggs
- 425g tub ricotta
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley, stem included
- In a large bowl whisk eggs until frothy. Add ricotta and whisk vigorously. Add salt, pepper, parsley and parmesan. Stir to blend. Slowly add flours, blend. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 2 days covered with plastic wrap.
- Using two soup spoons shape into oval or round shapes 2"-3" balls. See blog site: http://tastyd.blogspot.ca/2013/05/browned-butter-ricotta-gnudi-delicately.html
- Bring a large 3/4 full pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp. of salt. Drop shaped dumplings carefully into the water. They will sink. Turn the heat down to a simmer. Allow the dumplings to rise to the top. Cook for 1 minute. You could check one by cutting it in half to see if it is cooked through. Taste it to see if it is the right consistency. Drain on a baking rack and tray. This can be cooled and refrigerated for 1-2 hrs.
- When all of the Gnudi have drained. Cook for 1 minute on each side in the butter sauce. Serve hot with extra cheese if desired.
Browned Butter Parsley Sauce
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 teaspoon hot red chili peppers (flakes can be used)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Add oil and butter to a skillet on medium high heat. Begin to melt the butter.
- Butter foams before the milk solids brown. Add garlic, a pinch of salt, & red pepper. Continue slowly cooking on low, allowing the garlic and butter to brown adding lots of nutty flavor.
- When butter has browned add some chopped parsley leaves turn off the heat and allow them to flavour the oil without turning brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.