Author Notes: This is a delicious way to use up young, fresh turnip greens, and it's an easy weeknight dinner (or lunch) to boot! - Amanda Hesser
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small white potatoes, skin on and finely diced (no larger than 1/4-inch; 1 1/2 cups total)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and chopped
- 1 to 2 bunches turnip greens, stems discarded and leaves sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch strips (you should have 4 cups loosely packed sliced greens)
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Warm the oil in a large skillet. Add the potatoes and cook over medium high heat until browned on the edges and soft in the center. Add the garlic and season with salt after the potatoes have been cooking for 2 minutes. Stir in the turnip greens and cook until wilted and tender, about 3 minutes.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the pan, sprinkle with the cheese and transfer to the oven. Bake until the frittata is just set, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!