If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a phenomenally good sauce/pesto/paste: the smokiness of the pimentón elevates the nuttiness of the pistachios and pepitas to new heights while salt and lime zest brighten the whole mess! This is great drizzled on roasted sweet potatoes and spread over salmon that’s then seared. It’s great warm, room temp or cold. It’ll save for several days in the fridge.
*See this hotline thread for the discussion of pesto v paste name: http://food52.com/hotline/22035-pesto-v-dukkah-v-what
Try to ignore the relatively ugly hue! :) —em-i-lis
Makes 1/4 - 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup shelled, roasted, unsalted pistachios
- scant 1/4 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 teaspoon pimentón (I used sweet)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup (scant) extra virgin olive oil
- Put everything except the olive oil into a small food processor and process until the pistachios have started to crumble. Slowly, and with the motor running, pour in the olive oil and process until you have a uniform, finely-textured loose paste.