If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom originally snagged this recipe from a Wilton cake decorating pamphlet circa the 1980s. We've tweaked the recipe over time to our liking (no more shortening!) and use it for cakes, cookies and more. - Sarah
Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash salt (optional - use only the tiniest dash)
- Use an electric mixer to cream together the butter, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Blend on medium speed until all ingredients are well combined and of a fluffy consistency.
- Refrigerate the frosting to stiffen further, or use immediately to ice cakes or cookies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.