If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that our whole family loves! It tastes so good that I don't have any words to describe it. If you do not like the flavor of coffee, this is not for you. But if you use decaf coffee instead of regular coffee, then everyone can enjoy it, including kids. So go ahead try it! - Candyland Queens
- 5 cups of coffee (we use decaf coffee, but you can use regular coffee if you would like)
- 8 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 package of heavy whipping cream (16 Fl oz)
- 2 packs of Maria Cookies (you may not be able to find these so if this is the case use substitute) Substitute: A box of Graham crackers: we like to use Nabisco Grahams original 14.4 oz (make sure there are 3 packs in the box)
- First we will make the whipped cream, we call it “crème Chantilly”: you need a have a bowl and an electric mixer. Before you make the Chantilly you have to put the bowl and the wands of your electric mixer in the freezer so that they are cold when you make the Chantilly. They stay in the freezer for at least one hour. Once the bowl and wands are cold enough take them out. Pour the whipping cream in the ice-cold bowl put the wands into the electric mixer. You can start whipping the cream. While you are whipping the cream, add the 8 tablespoons of sugar to sweeten your Chantilly. Once you have stiff peaks on the Chantilly you can stop mixing. Don’t over whip it because then it will turn into butter.
- Next put the coffee in a wide shallow bowl. You can make the cake any size you want by using any shape cake pan (we used a rounded one).
- Dip the cookies in coffee and quickly cover the bottom of the cake pan (we like the cookie thoroughly soaked in coffee, but you need to be careful so that they do not fall apart; leave the cookies in the coffee just long enough to soften their edges). The next step is to add a layer of Chantilly on top of the layer of cookies. Repeat this process till you only have enough Chantilly for a thick final layer on the top of the cake.
- Put the cake in the fridge or freezer over night. If the cake stays in the freezer it will be a little bit harder almost like ice cream. If it stays in the fridge it will be softer. It is superb for breakfast, and as a mid-afternoon snack. Hope you like it!
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.