If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Along the lines of a buttercream..or a marshmallow "fluff" but with the yummy goodness of peanut butter added for good measure. This recipe is so easy, but everyone will think you called in a pro. Enjoy! —"NASA" Dave
Food52 Review: This delicious frosting has the sticky, fluffy texture of marshmallow with a strong peanut butter flavor. The frosting is a little flowy to cover the sides of a cake, but it would easily be used for cupcakes or as a filling in a cake.It would be a wonderful filling for a chocolate cake. After all, who can argue with chocolate and peanut butter? —Stephanie Bourgeois
Makes enough for one 9-inch layer cake
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Combine 1/4 cup of the sugar and the corn syrup in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat in a small saucepan until it boils.
- When the syrup comes to a boil, begin whipping the egg whites and salt in a very clean mixing bowl. When the egg whites are foamy, gradually add the remaining sugar and continuing to whip the egg whites just until the meringue forms stiff peaks, about 5 minutes.
- When the sugar reaches 240 degrees fahrenheit, your meringue should just have come to stiff peaks. Carefully add the hot syrup in a thin stream into the meringue, pouring down the side of the bowl.
- While continuing to mix, add the vanilla, and peanut butter. Continue to mix until the bottom of the bowl is cooled and the frosting is fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Use immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Things are feeling corny (and figgy and carroty and...)
This week's best #f52farmstands.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our recent favorite recipes.
Have a ball (jar).