If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a sweet and spicy rich topping, perfect for the holidays. It can be made thin like a glaze or thick like a true caramel. - chefw3
Makes 1 cup
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons half and half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- tiny dashes salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, bring sugar, half and half, butter, molasses and salt to bubbling.
- Stirring constantly, cook for 7 to 10 minutes until caramel is thickened, keep in mind it will thicken a bit when it cools. The less you cook, the thinner of a glaze it will be. The more you cook, the thicker, like true caramel.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, and spices. Allow it to cool a bit. Drizzle or pour while still warm over your treats.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.