Author Notes: This is one of my favorite recipes because I love anchovies...I love to eat them right out of the can. A friend of mine who has lived in Italy from time to time first made a version of this recipe. He said that it was a recipe that even anchovy haters would love. Well, he did not anticipate the passion of anchovy haters. As he begged a guest to just TRY some of the sauce, she replied that "she would'nt because it had touched an anchovy!" So I practically had the whole dish to myself. I later made this dish for a very famous Italian winemaker who was duly impressed and of course loved anchovies!. - dymnyno
- 1 jar or can of whole anchovies
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch italian parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cabernet vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Open jar or can of anchovies and remove whole anchovies carefully one at a time.
- Carefully rinse and put in a bowl of cold water.
- Remove and dry with paper towel. Arrange in a dish.
- In a food processor pulse the parsley, olive oil and garlic until coarsley chopped.
- Add the vinegar and cayenne and pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour the parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and cayenne mixture over the anchovies. Cover with wrap and marinate for a while or overnight.
- Serve as a first course.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook a Whole Fish