If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Choose small potatoes for this recipe. They will cook faster and make a very pretty hors d'oeuvre or side dish. The bright red flesh of the Cranberry Red potatoes is striking when accented with the green chives and white cream. —AliceWaters
- 16 to 20 small Cranberry Red potatoes
- 4 cups rock salt
- Crème fraîche
- Chopped chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Wash and dry the Cranberry Red potatoes well.
- Spread out the potatoes, leaving a half inch of space between them.
- Pour over enough rock salt to barely cover them -- you should be able to see the potatoes.
- Roast until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the salt or keep warm on top of salt until needed.
- When ready to serve, cut a cross into the top of each potato with a small sharp knife.
- Squeeze the potatoes to create and opening and fill with a small dollop of crème fraîche, a pinch of chopped chives, and a grind of freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.