If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As a pastry chef I am always interested in trying new recipes as most of my clients and customers love vegan, raw and gluten-free treats. And this is the BEST BROWNIE I ever made. And its vegan. And gluten free. And soy free. Oh, and its made out of CHICKPEAS!!! Crazy, I know! You need to try this!
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or 7 oz broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 shot espresso or 1 Tbsp instant (grain) coffee dissolved with 5 Tbsp hot water
- 2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas
- 250 milliliters almond milk (or any other dairy-/soy free milk
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao or regular cocoa powder
- 1.5 cups freshly ground almonds/almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or tapioca/potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle, cayenne or chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C Line a square baking tin with parchment paper
- In a bowl over a pot of simmering water melt the chocolate with the coconut oil Turn off heat and stir in the coffee until emulsified.
- In a food processor combine the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and mix again.
- Pour into tin and bake for 25 – 30 min (do not overbake!, it should be still a little wet inside when you check with your knife or metal skewer)
- Let cool, cut into squares and decorate with sliced almonds.
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.