If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The name says it all -- this dough is all butter, all the time. Allow plenty of time for chilling, and it'll turn out crazy flaky. - erinmcdowell
Makes one single-crust pie (double easily)
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- Pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup ice water, or more as needed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt to combine.
- Add the butter, tossing the cubes in the flour to coat. Rub the butter into the flour until it is the size of walnut halves (for a flaky crust) or peas (for a mealy crust).
- Make a well in the center, and add the water a few tablespoons at a time and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill well before rolling, forming, and baking.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!