Author Notes: Perfect for fall, these sweet potatoes are twice baked with nutty Gruyere cheese, Rosemary and coffee spiced crushed pecans. - dixiechik
- 2 Sweet potatoes, large
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons Light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Pecans, crushed (I used coffee spiced)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes, then using a fork make several holes to allow steam to escape. Place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until easily pricked with a fork or knife. Allow to cool a few minutes, then slice each potato lengthwise.
- Scoop out the centers and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, rosemary, cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Carefully add the potato mixture back to the skins equally.
- For the topping, mix together the butter and Worcestershire sauce and drizzle over the halved potatoes.
- Sprinkle with pecans and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until just starting to brown around the edges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes