If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite thing to bake, always. It improves with a day or two of resting. - Brette Warshaw
Makes 1 loaf
- 4 very ripe bananas (if frozen, defrost in the microwave)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 to 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Mash your bananas in a big bowl -- and if they're frozen and defrosted, snip off the end and pour all the liquids and solids out of the skin.
- Add your butter, egg, vanilla, and sugar to the mashed bananas. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix your flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Fold into your wet ingredients.
- Fold the yogurt into the batter.
- Butter a loaf pan. Pour in your batter. Bake at 325°F for 45 to 50 minutes, keeping an eye on it so that it doesn't overbake. (By the way, it's delicious a tad underbaked.) Let cool in the pan on a rack.