Author Notes: This is my favorite thing to bake, always. It improves with a day or two of resting, but I won't judge you if you take a warm slice or five. - brette warshaw
Makes 1 loaf
- 4 very ripe bananas (if frozen, defrost in the microwave)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Mash your bananas in a big bowl -- and if they're frozen and defrosted, snip off the end and pour all the liquids and solids out of the skin.
- Add your butter, egg, vanilla, and sugar to the mashed bananas. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix your flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Fold into your wet ingredients.
- Fold the yogurt into the batter.
- Butter a loaf pan. Pour in your batter. Bake at 325°F for 45 to 50 minutes, keeping an eye on it so that it doesn't overbake. (By the way, it's delicious a tad underbaked.)