If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As summer weekends come to a close, for most people so do beach getaways. One of our favorite seaside treats, bluefish are abundant, inexpensive and deliciously healthful (super-high in omega-3 fatty acids). Because they are also an oily, strong-flavored fish, it is important for them to be eaten not long after being freshly-caught (hence: near the ocean). Or alternatively, you can try them smoked (available in many good seafood stores) and served with crackers. - Loulies
- bluefish or rockfish
- Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A little mayonnaise coats the fish to keep it marvelously moist. Use this recipe with any fresh local fish such as bluefish or rockfish.
- Lightly season the fish with salt and pepper, then brush 1 part Dijon mustard and 2 parts good mayo all across the fish’s flesh to coat. Add chopped dill, if desired and broil it in the oven for about 6-8 minutes. Or, lay it on some heavy-duty aluminum foil and slip it onto a hot grill, close the cover, and cook until opaque and moist on the inside (again about 6-8 minutes for fish less than 1-inch).
- Shopping Tip: Keep bluefish cool on the trip home from market and keep it refrigerated in the coldest part of the fridge until you’re ready to use.
- Note: As migratory marine fish, blues are voracious predators that sport fishermen prize for their fighting ability. In the US, they can be found off the coast of Florida and in the Gulf of Mexico in the winter months and in New England waters from June through October, when they then head south again.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Cook a Whole Fish
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.