If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are our family favourite garlic potatoes, and I usually have to make a double batch for they disappear super-fast! The best part is, I change the seasoning on these to match whatever we are eating. Adding some Greek herbs/seasoning to them makes them 'Over Garlicked Greek Potatoes' and if you want them as a side to an Indian curry, add some Garam Masala to transform these into 'Over Garlicked Indian Potatoes'. They are versatile, delicious and a 'bog standard' in our house :) - Ginni Kelley
- 2.5 pounds Baby Potatoes (Yellow variety is best)
- 6-8 pieces Cloves of Garlic (or more....won't hurt!), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 piece Thai Green Chilli, minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- Wash the potatoes and add them to a pot of cold water. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and cover the pot. Allow the potatoes to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375F and double line a baking tray with Aluminium foil. Add the oil, spices and seasonings to the baking tray whilst the potatoes are simmering.
- Drain the water from the potatoes, and halve the potatoes whilst they are hot and add them to the baking tray that has all the spices and oil at the bottom. Using a pair of tongs, mix the potatoes well in the spices to make sure they are all well covered before baking them in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are crispy golden in colour.
- I like to stir up the potatoes in the tray after 10 minutes, to make sure they are crisping up on all sides and then every 5 minutes until they are nice and crispy and fully cooked through. These are fantastic to turn into a spiced up warm potato salad, or as a wonderful side dish to a roast dinner or even for a BBQ Garden party.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls