If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just like the name implies, this potato dish is both cheesy and creamy. With the addition of sour cream, the potatoes come out fluffy and light. Similar to a twice-baked potatoes, it makes an excellent side to roasted meats or steak. —FoodTherapy
- 4 Baking Potatoes
- .5 cups Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Peel Potatoes. Chop in half and then quarter the halves. Place in pot with water and cook at medium temperature until you can easily stick a fork in the potatoes.
- Drain Potatoes and place them in a mixing bowl with your stick of butter. Let it sit until the butter melts.
- With your whip attachment, begin whipping the potatoes slowly at first and then at high speed once the potatoes have mashed up nicely.
- Add 1 cup of sour cream and the egg. Continue whipping until the potatoes have a creamy texture.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese and stir in to mix well.
- Place your mixture into a casserole dish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese to the top and continue baking for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
You Pinned, We Listened
This Month's Top 10 Pinterest Recipes
This month's most pinned recipes.
Food blog links we love.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
The best camping foods.
Savor the season.