Author Notes: Just like the name implies, this potato dish is both cheesy and creamy. With the addition of sour cream, the potatoes come out fluffy and light. Similar to a twice-baked potatoes, it makes an excellent side to roasted meats or steak. - FoodTherapy
- 4 Baking Potatoes
- .5 cups Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Peel Potatoes. Chop in half and then quarter the halves. Place in pot with water and cook at medium temperature until you can easily stick a fork in the potatoes.
- Drain Potatoes and place them in a mixing bowl with your stick of butter. Let it sit until the butter melts.
- With your whip attachment, begin whipping the potatoes slowly at first and then at high speed once the potatoes have mashed up nicely.
- Add 1 cup of sour cream and the egg. Continue whipping until the potatoes have a creamy texture.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese and stir in to mix well.
- Place your mixture into a casserole dish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese to the top and continue baking for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes