If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am fairly obsessed with za'atar. I dust it over pita (with olive oil), eggs cooked any style, chicken or vegetables, in tomato sauce, or over my bagels and cream cheese (or goat cheese). This recipe makes for a flavorful, substancial side dish, although I've eaten it for lunch and was satisfied--tahini, lemon, roasted garlic, za’atar, and labneh are natural and winsome allies. It is lovely served hot, the sweet potatoes crisp against the cooling balm of labneh, but delicious at room temperature as well. —Cristina Sciarra
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cracks fresh black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon za’atar
- 1/3 cup labneh
- Heat the oven to 375F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. You can cut them into matchsticks, as I did, although it’s not necessary. This dish will be just as tasty if you dice the sweet potatoes instead.
- In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potato pieces with the garlic clove, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Move everything to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and the baking sheet into the oven. After 15 minutes, remove the garlic clove and set it aside. Cook the sweet potatoes another 20-25 minutes, tossing occasionally, until they are roasty and shrunken.
- Meanwhile, remove the garlic clove from it’s thin shell, and add it to a small bowl. Use the back of a spoon to smoosh the garlic clove into a paste. Now add the lemon zest, the lemon juice, and the tahini. Add a small crack of pepper, and set the bowl aside.
- Move the sweet potatoes to a large plate. Drizzle on: the garlic dressing, and then the za’atar, and then the labneh. Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.