If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a reason I can't talk about here -- envision four men loose in San Francisco at a friend's bachelor party! -- I've been thinking about tater tots.
Recipes I found varied from using mashed potatoes rolled in potato chips (ummm...no thanks!) to using shredded potatoes.
Then I received a 5-pound bag of freshly-dug red potatoes from BlackGold Farms as a thank you for participating in a week-long event that involved over 30 bloggers and 115 recipes. So, I took it as a sign to get cooking...and experimenting with homemade tater tots. —CamillaMMann
Food52 Review: The parmesan and garlic make for a tasty take on tater tots. I mashed up the roasted garlic to make a paste that would more easily distribute in the potato mixture, and I found that a quick spritz of olive oil from the oil mister helped to brown the tots (but they taste great either way). This would be a great project to do with kids, who would have fun shaping their very own tater tots. I sure did! —vvvanessa
- 3 large red potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 dash freshly ground sea salt
- Olive oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and roast until they are fork tender. Cool them rapidly by plunging them in ice water. Change the water, and repeat, until the potatoes are cool.
- Shred the potatoes on the large holes of a box grater. You can peel them first; I didn't.
- Place the other ingredients into the bowl with the grated potatoes and use a fork to fully combine everything.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and rub it with a layer of olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Using about a teaspoon of the potato mixture, form it into a cylinder about 1 inch long. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all the tots are made.
- Bake about 35 to 40 minutes, turning once about 20 minutes into the cooking time.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Recipe of the Day
The chicest apron around.