If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a happy amalgamation of Sonali aka the Foodie Physician's Mashed Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese and Joël Robuchon’s famous Potato Purée. I suggest using the best quality butter, goat cheese, and milk you can find, because let's face it -- this is sort of a dairy recipe with some potatoes in it, rather than the other way around. It really is thoroughly delicious. - cristinasciarra
Food52 Review: The buttery (and I do mean buttery) goodness mixed with the tang of the goat cheese here produces a really nice purée. Mine was slightly more mashed potato than purée, but I'm sure I could have added more milk to make it a bit silkier. I think this is the perfect side to a really nice meal. - figgypudding
Serves 8 to 12
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- kosher salt, black pepper
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 pounds unsalted butter
- 3 to 6 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold, salted water. Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook until fork tender, about 40 minutes. (While you are waiting, cube and chill the butter.) Drain the potatoes, and set them aside until they are cool enough to handle, about another 30 minutes. Peel the potatoes, and pass them through a ricer or food mill, then back into the hot, dry pot you boiled them in. Stir over low heat for 2 minutes until they are dry. Meanwhile, bring 1/4 cup whole milk to a simmer.
- Working in small batches, vigorously stir the butter into the potatoes, until the mixture is creamy. Whisk in the warmed milk, and season the potatoes with kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Crumble 3 to 6 ounces of fresh goat cheese into the potatoes, and stir to combine well. The potatoes can be made 1 to 2 hours ahead; cover the pot well with plastic wrap to keep them warm. Just before serving, reheat, adding a little more milk if needed.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes