If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken Noodle Soup is a classic on a winter day or when you're feeling ill. Why not fancy it up a bit with a few extra Asian spices? You won't regret it! —mtlabor
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into medallions
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloved, minced
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 to 1 box of spaghetti noodles
- 5 large shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- pinch or two of red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- This is definitely a crockpot soup. Or I made it that way anyway. Turn your crockpot onto the high setting to get it warmed up.
- In a large skillet, heat up oil under medium high heat and cook the chicken medallions until no longer pink. Transfer chicken to crockpot and cover.
- In same skillet used for chicken, saute the onions, garlic, and ginger for about 5 minutes, when onions are soft and translucent. Add mixture to crockpot over chicken.
- Deglaze skillet of brown bits by adding 1 cup of water to pan and scraping of the sucs. Then dump that water into the crockpot. Add remaining 3 cups of water and 4 cups of chicken broth into crockpot as well. Let simmer in crockpot until almost ready to serve, stirring occasionally. Mine was in there for about 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before you're ready to dig in, add in noodles and mushrooms. When noodles are soft, stir in rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili flakes, sesame oil, and scallions.
- Ladle into bowls and serve hot!
Just Pudding It Out There
Use your melon: make this 3-ingredient, vegan dessert
Pudding melon to the test.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
We give it 8 tentacles up.