If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This isn't a frozen blended daiquiri, the kind you drink poolside; it's a classic daiquiri, which is to say, a cocktail whose main ingredients are rum, lime, and sugar. The pear flavor doesn’t hit you over the head: you get the rum first, as you should, but the shrub comes on at the finish - a lingering, faint tang.
To make what is called "rich" simple syrup, combine 2 parts sugar and 1 part water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring regularly, until the sugar is fully dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, and chill thoroughly before using. —MollyandBrandon
- 2 ounces white rum, such as Plantation 3 Stars
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Pear Shrub (http://food52.com/recipes/25147-pear-shrub)
- 1 teaspoon rich simple syrup (see note)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add ice. Shake for 10 seconds, then strain into a coupe.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.