Author Notes: This isn't a frozen blended daiquiri, the kind you drink poolside; it's a classic daiquiri, which is to say, a cocktail whose main ingredients are rum, lime, and sugar. The pear flavor doesn’t hit you over the head: you get the rum first, as you should, but the shrub comes on at the finish - a lingering, faint tang.
To make what is called "rich" simple syrup, combine 2 parts sugar and 1 part water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring regularly, until the sugar is fully dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, and chill thoroughly before using. - MollyandBrandon
- 2 ounces white rum, such as Plantation 3 Stars
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Pear Shrub (http://food52.com/recipes/25147-pear-shrub)
- 1 teaspoon rich simple syrup (see note)
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add ice. Shake for 10 seconds, then strain into a coupe.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!