If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If the mere thought of making yet another pie during the holiday season is making you tired, take a deep breath and read on. If you prep the crust in advance or use your favorite store-bought pie crust, this recipe is no more complicated than blending and chilling. - Gena Hamshaw
Serves 8 to 12
Vegan Chocolate Pie
- 1 12.3-ounce package of extra firm, silken tofu
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond, rice, or soy milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups vegan dark chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 easy vegan graham cracker crust, recipe to follow
Easy Vegan Graham Cracker Crust
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- To make the crust, preheat the oven to 375° F. Place the crackers and sugar in a food processor and pulse to combine. Drizzle in the coconut oil and pulse a few more times, until the crust holds together (you can also mix the crust with your hands). Press the crust firmly into a pie crust pan, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow crust to cool.
- Transfer the tofu, vanilla, almond milk, sea salt, and maple syrup to a food processor or blender and blend well. Melt the chips over a double boiler, and add them to the tofu mix. Blend again.
- Pour chocolate filling into the pie crust and let it set in the fridge for at least three hours. Slice and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!