Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from Gary Abts, opening bar manager of Essex. - MollyandBrandon
- 1 3/4 ounce BarSol pisco
- 3/4 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce grade B maple syrup
- 1 egg white, from a large egg
- 5 drops Angostura bitters, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pisco, lemon juice, maple syrup, and egg white, adding the egg last. At this point, you can either do a dry shake (shake the cocktail vigorously without ice for 30 to 40 seconds, then add ice and shake a second time to chill it), or you can add ice to the shaker from the get-go and shake vigorously for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Either way, strain into a chilled coupe, and garnish with five drops of Angostura bitters -- drag through them with a toothpick if you feel like being fancy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!