Author Notes: The simple substitution of Tamari for soy sauce makes this peanut sauce gluten-free friendly. With some brown rice noodles in the cupboard, you can throw this dish together in less time than it takes to call for take out. - PhoebeLapine
Makes 1 cup
- 1 inch peeled, fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Scallions, for garnish
- In a small food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients and purée until coarsely combined. Add 1/4 cup warm water and purée until smooth. Add more water as necessary so the peanut sauce is similar to the consistency of ranch dressing.
- Garnish with scallions and serve alongside shrimp or chicken skewers, as a topping for a rice bowl, or tossed together with noodles. Extra sauce can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!