If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A little different take on a classic. It makes a small batch, but you'll want to make more. —Adrianne
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup crunchy bacon pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Grease a small flat pan, and a metal spatula.
- Assemble your filler. Toast your pecans in a dry skillet with your red pepper flakes, over a medium high heat 1-2m.
- Remove pecans and red pepper flakes from skillet, and place in small bowl, mixed in cooked bacon pieces (I do not suggest using store bought bacon bits), place your butter on top. Set to the side.
- To make the brittle, mix sugar and corn syrup in a medium sized glass bowl and microwave for 3m. Then stir (if it appears a little dry add a 1t of water) and microwave for 2m.
- Mix in your filler (bacon, pecans, red pepper flakes, and butter), stir and microwave 30sec. Remove from microwave, IT WILL BE VERY HOT.
- Working quickly add your baking soda, stir and dump onto flat pan. Use your greased spatula to smooth out. Let cool for 20m, then break and enjoy.
More Great Recipes: Candy