If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When the hubs and I were in the ramen and spaghetti-O years of our marriage I created a recipe book for him that included the compiled favorites of his family, my family, and all of his friends. Almost everyone got to select which recipes they would be contributing. All except my mother, who had no say in the matter whatsoever. I informed her that Corn, Cheese and Green Chili Pie would be her culinary two cents - no if’s, and’s or but’s. This dish is the brazen and hearty Texas cousin of the refined French quiche and the well-mannered English corn pudding. Made from eggs and corn and then packed full of cheese and hatch green chilies It is as endlessly adaptable and versatile as it is delicious.
Plate it up on fine china for a ladies brunch with small cups of tea or lay a hunk of it on a plastic plate as a side for football, bbq, and beer. It is as happy to serve as a main dish or a side and I have an inkling (though I have yet to try this out) that it could quickly be converted for the appetizer table with the use of a mini-muffin tin. - Sarah|PickledCapers
- 3 Eggs
- 8 1/2 ounces Creamed Style Corn
- 8 1/2 ounces Whole Kernel Corn
- 8 tablespoons Butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 4 ounces Sharp Cheddar, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4 ounces Diced Green Chilies
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worchestershire Sauce
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased 9X13 casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour or until browned on edges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe