Author Notes: My mom made these frequently, along with with a dish called "Cabbage Delite" that will have to wait for another contest. Cabbage Rolls are better than you think! - Leith Devine
- 1 Head Savoy Cabbage
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1 Med. Finely Chopped Onion, Sauteed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Parboiled Rice
- 1 Large Can Tomato Sace
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Can Tomato Soup
- Parboil cabbage in boiling water until softened. Remove any tough ribs. Saute onions in olive oil or butter.
- Add cooled onions to beef, pork, eggs and rice in bowl.
- Hold cabbage leave in one hand. With the the other, make a 2TB quenelle-type shape and put in the cabbage leaf. Using wooden toothpicks to close leaf, place in a casserole dish seam side down.
- Mix tomatoes together and test for seasoning of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 375. Pour tomatoes over cabbage leaves and cover. Bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover or remove foil and bake for 30 more minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe