If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom made these frequently, along with with a dish called "Cabbage Delite" that will have to wait for another contest. Cabbage Rolls are better than you think! —Leith Devine
- 1 Head Savoy Cabbage
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 1 Med. Finely Chopped Onion, Sauteed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Parboiled Rice
- 1 Large Can Tomato Sace
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Can Tomato Soup
- Parboil cabbage in boiling water until softened. Remove any tough ribs. Saute onions in olive oil or butter.
- Add cooled onions to beef, pork, eggs and rice in bowl.
- Hold cabbage leave in one hand. With the the other, make a 2TB quenelle-type shape and put in the cabbage leaf. Using wooden toothpicks to close leaf, place in a casserole dish seam side down.
- Mix tomatoes together and test for seasoning of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 375. Pour tomatoes over cabbage leaves and cover. Bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover or remove foil and bake for 30 more minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe, Part 2
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe
Your search for the best recipe is over
The best donuts—ever.
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
We've got the summer blues.
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.