Author Notes: My husband's family is German and my mother in law bakes seriously. This is one of her Christmas cookie recipes. - luvcookbooks
Serves several dozen
- 2 egg whites
- 8.5 ounces powdered sugar
- grated rind of half a lemon
- 8.5 ounces ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Stir in powdered sugar and grated lemon rind. Wonder why the half ounce. Call mother in law. She doesn't know either. Set aside about 4 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Stir in ground almonds and one teaspoon cinnamon. Roll thin using sugar on board instead of flour and cut out stars.
- put dab of reserved egg white in the center of each star. Bake at 325 for 8 minutes.