If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a riff on one of my favorite dishes from one of my favorite Asian restaurants. I like to serve it over brown basmati rice. Note: This dish also works very well with either beef or tofu, and can be easily doubled or quadrupled! - RellaBellaK
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- 6 ounces cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 inch chunk of ginger, peeled and sliced into very thin strips
- 2 baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute onion until soft, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 5-6 minutes more. Add mushrooms and cook until they are soft and have released their juices, 8-10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, & ginger, stirring to combine.
- Add baby bok choy, cut side down. Cook 2 minutes, then flip over and cook 2 minutes on the other side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet, stirring to coat in sauce. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner