Author Notes: This is a riff on one of my favorite dishes from one of my favorite Asian restaurants. I like to serve it over brown basmati rice. Note: This dish also works very well with either beef or tofu, and can be easily doubled or quadrupled! - RellaBellaK
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
- 6 ounces cremini (baby bella) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 inch chunk of ginger, peeled and sliced into very thin strips
- 2 baby bok choy, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute onion until soft, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 5-6 minutes more. Add mushrooms and cook until they are soft and have released their juices, 8-10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, & ginger, stirring to combine.
- Add baby bok choy, cut side down. Cook 2 minutes, then flip over and cook 2 minutes on the other side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet, stirring to coat in sauce. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner