If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A one step cook-in-the-pot Moroccan delight, straight from my grand mother's kitchen. Come and visit at http://figandlemon.wordpress.com. —Kenza Saadi
- 4 breasts of chicken, boneless and skinless, cut in cubes
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly crushed black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- 2 sprigs mint and cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1 large lemon cut in thin strips (with skin)
- 2 cups water at room temperature
- In a deep pot, place a little bit of olive oil and heat it up a little, the add the garlic, ginger and all the spices.
- When the garlic starts to change color and the spices release their aroma, place the chicken and mix well until all coated.
- Add a bunch of fresh herbs (cilantro & mint), the cup of pitted olives and one large lemon cut in strips (you can also use Moroccan lemon preserve).
- Add about two cups of water at room temperature and let it simmer until the chicken is tender (about 30 minutes).
- Serve with white rice, preferably Basmati.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.