If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can use any type of carrot for this dish: perfect bunching carrots in midsummer, Touchons in fall, or large carrots to feed livestock in the winter. Use anything but the dreary, bagged mini carrots carved from larger, less valuable specimens (they have more in common with sea monkeys than food). It's simple: if the carrots look shitty that day, buy spinach. If not, cook them up like this. - Joe Beef
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, lightly crushed but whole
- 12 carrots, not too big, peeled
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons crunchy sea salt
- Grated Pecorino cheese for dusting
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, thyme, bay leaf, and garlic. When the oil is hot, add the carrots and cook, tossing often, for 7 to 9 minutes, or until tender.
- When the taste test is conclusive, add the honey, coat the carrots, and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle the sea salt evenly on the carrots, making sure it sticks to the honey. Lastly, add a couple of cranks of pepper and some pecorino.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.