If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Olive Oil, Thyme & Sea Salt Crackers, which are taken from the New York Times magazine, are the perfect balance of salty and savory and are made with a few simple, common pantry staples. - Angela Brown
Makes about 12 servings
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add the water, eggs, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 2-3 tablespoons of thyme to the mixing bowl. Using a rubber spatula, combine all the ingredients until the dough is formed (you can add a bit more water or oil if needed).
- Divide the dough in half. On a countertop lightly dusted with flour, roll out one half of the dough to about 1/8-inch and place on one of the baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining half of the dough.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and brush the warm crackers with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle them with the remaining thyme and sea salt. Once cooled, break the sheets of crackers apart by hand.
A Recipe-Free Memorial Day Menu
It's never too late to throw a party.
A Memorial Day menu, minus the fuss.
The classiest peppers on the 'net.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.