If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Macaron friends, have your efforts resulted in feetless and cracked macarons? Look no further....you'll never have to bin them again as you turn failure...into success! The beauty of this recipe is it takes literally minutes to assemble and looks FAB. you can also swap the cream/creme fraiche for ice cream/ Greek yoghurt/ sour cream/ Turkish yoghurt.., this could be right up your alley, it is right up mine!
If you don't have macs to hand, meringues are the standard ingredient in the recipe. Or swap with a crisp cookie! —Kitchen Butterfly
- 75g crushed/broken up (chocolate) macarons or (chocolate) meringues
- 200g whole raspberries
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 40 ml cream
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur (like Baileys Irish Cream or the White Liqueur in Tia Maria), Optional
- To garnish: mint leaves, whole raspberries and mini macaron halves or meringue cuhnks
- First make the macaron cream - Place all but 10-12 raspberries in a bowl and gently crush.
- Add the sugar, liqueur, cream and crème fraiche to the raspberries and stir well to combine. Then add the 10-12 whole raspberries. Stir again and place a lid over the cream/wrap some cling film over the top. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, place a spoonful of chocolate macarons at the base of a wine/dessert glass, followed by a spoonful of the creamy mixture. Repeat to make another layer and top finally with crushed macarons. Top with one or more of the garnishes and serve…. immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Raspberries
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.