Author Notes: When I'm home alone, cooking never seems as exciting. Pasta is a fast solution, and this sauce is delicious. It's easy to prepare for one or more. Because we don't eat wheat, I mention using rice or gluten free pasta. Of course, the sauce is just as good on wheat-based pasta. The shrimp are optional, and can be substituted with chicken for a protein alternative. - Zahirah
- 1/2 packet Gluten free or rice pasta
- handfuls Small shrimp
- 4 ounces Soft goat cheese
- 6 Mushrooms
- 3 Sun dried tomatoes
- handfuls Pine nuts
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1 Clove garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 sprigs Fresh basil
- Boil salted water for the pasta. Set timer and monitor the pasta during the preparation of the sauce. Strain when finished, and drizzle with olive oil.
- For the sauce: saute the garlic in olive oil. Add shrimp (or chicken, if you prefer), salting to taste. Add sliced mushrooms.
- Add goat cheese, stirring gently until melted. Add water if needed to create more of a sauce (you can also use cream or milk, but I don't consume non-goat dairy).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top of the sauce, then add sun dried tomatoes and pepper, if desired. Add basil last, mixing well before serving on top of pasta. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner