If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is by Niah Bystrom, bar manager of Essex. If you're wondering about the orgeat, we like B. G. Reynolds brand, and you can buy it directly from their website: http://bgreynolds.com/collections/syrups/products/orgeat. —MollyandBrandon
- Grapefruit wedge, for the glass
- Vanilla salt or kosher salt, for the rim of the glass
- 1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 3/4 ounce Lillet
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 ounce orgeat syrup
- 3 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- Grapefruit peel, for garnish
- First, prepare a rocks glass. Put some vanilla salt (if you have it) or kosher salt on a small plate. Run the grapefruit wedge along the rim of the glass to wet it, then roll the glass in the salt. (We often roll only half of the rim, but you're welcome to do the whole thing.)
- Put the tequila, Lillet, grapefruit juice, orgeat, and bitters in a cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake vigorously. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into the prepared rocks glass. Garnish with grapefruit peel.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: Boozy Drinks