If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm a sucker for anything that's a balance of spicy and sweet. I stirred red curry paste into some ground chicken and threw the patties onto the grill (all of this could also be done in a grill pan!). At the same time, I grilled some thick slices of juicy pineapple, as well as some pleasantly pungent red onions. Curry chicken burgers wouldn’t be complete without a special sauce, so I jazzed up some mayonnaise with lime juice and zest, which added a tangy creaminess to the sandwiches. - foxeslovelemons
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced into 4 thick slices
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, stir together lime juice and zest, and mayonnaise. In medium bowl, combine chicken and curry paste. Form into 4 patties, making sure not to over-work the meat mixture.
- Spray both sides of chicken patties, onion and pineapple with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer patties, onion and pineapple to hot grill rack. Cook onion and pineapple for 4 to 6 minutes or until dark grill marks appear, turning once; transfer onion and pineapple to plate as they finish cooking. Cook burgers for 6 to 8 minutes, or until internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached, turning once.
- Assemble burgers using hamburger buns, chicken patties, grilled onion and pineapple, and lime mayonnaise.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken