Author Notes: A nice throw-together meatball that is insanely delicious. No exact recipe folks- I was just having fun and tossing it all in! - o.lechow
Serves 2 hungry folks
- 1 pound dark ground turkey meat (or lamb)
- few handfuls panko breadcrumbs
- few splashes Worcestershire
- 1 cup or so of parsley pistou (extra virgin olive oil, parsley, garlic, lemon zest-blitzed)
- few handfuls of interesting red peppers and chilies, see below for example
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ground tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Mix together all ingredients listed above- for the spices, I used Aleppo pepper, Maras red pepper, and Berbere pepper (all bought at the Spanish Table) but feel free to mix it up with whatever you have on hand. I wanted a distinctly middle-eastern style/flavored meatball so that's what I went for.
- Sear rolled meatballs on all sides until nice and browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add liquids and tomatoes to pan and scrape up fond from bottom. Let reduce a bit adding a few more shakes of those exotic spices and then add meatballs back in. Lid on. Cook until cooked through and sauce is somewhat reduced and thickened.
- Serve with charred flatbread, jazzed up herbed-garlicky yogurt, and fresh cilantro.