If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A super simple, lusciously creamy cheesecake that uses fairly healthy ingredients. Many people who don't love traditional cheesecake love the lighter flavor of this cheesecake. —Erika
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2.5 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 6-inch springform pan. Alternatively, you can double this recipe and use a larger pan, like an 8 or 9-inch cake pan.
- Combine cottage cheese and yogurt in a blender and process until very smooth (I do this first to ensure the cottage cheese mixture is completely lump-free). Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth and combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top pulls away from the pan and looks smooth and solid. The entire thing should be slightly jiggly, but not sloshy.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Spread or sprinkle on desired toppings before serving. I topped mine with a generous dollop of yogurt, some granola and a really quick strawberry compote--a few frozen strawberries, a small splash of water, a small splash of red wine, a large pinch of sugar and a pinch of cornstarch.
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.