If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is The Mess I Make’s take on Sprouted Kitchen‘s Summer Peach Tart. I’ve been wanting to make this tart since I laid my eyes on it and the day has finally arrived. I decided to make this for my sister-in-law’s birthday since she’s not a huge fan of cake. Since peaches aren’t in season, I decided to go with strawberries. I wish persimmons were still around because they would have made a great replacement. Oh well, I’ll have to make this tart again in the fall.
These strawberries were a bit on the tart side but they were juicy nonetheless. I added a bit more confectioner’s sugar in the marscarpone cheese to balance out the tartness. You could also toss sliced strawberries in sugar and refrigerate for a few hours. I didn’t think of doing that until I started writing this post..oh well, next time. - themessimake.com
- 1 12? springnform pan
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- CREAM LAYER
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar (add more if you want it to be sweeter)
- 6-7 strawberries - sliced
- Put the dates, almond meal, pecans, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and pulse until you get a sticky mixture. Pinch the mixture with your fingers to test for stickiness. You may need to add 1 tsp of water to hold the mixture together.
- Transfer the mixture to the springform pan and press down using your fingers to flatten the mixture.
- Put the mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract and confectioner's sugar in a mixing bowl and mix using a hand mixer or put everything in a Kitchen Aid stand mixer and use the whisk to mix everything together. Mix for about a minute until everything is incorporated. If you want a mini workout for your arms, you can use a wooden spatula or a whisk and mix away.
- Transfer the mixture in the springform pan with the crust and spread evenly.
- Spread the slice strawberries in concentric circles over the cream layer.
- Cover and place the pan in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Remove the ring from the springform pan and serve.