Author Notes: This is The Mess I Make’s take on Sprouted Kitchen‘s Summer Peach Tart. I’ve been wanting to make this tart since I laid my eyes on it and the day has finally arrived. I decided to make this for my sister-in-law’s birthday since she’s not a huge fan of cake. Since peaches aren’t in season, I decided to go with strawberries. I wish persimmons were still around because they would have made a great replacement. Oh well, I’ll have to make this tart again in the fall.
These strawberries were a bit on the tart side but they were juicy nonetheless. I added a bit more confectioner’s sugar in the marscarpone cheese to balance out the tartness. You could also toss sliced strawberries in sugar and refrigerate for a few hours. I didn’t think of doing that until I started writing this post..oh well, next time. - themessimake.com
- 1 12? springnform pan
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- CREAM LAYER
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar (add more if you want it to be sweeter)
- 6-7 strawberries - sliced
- Put the dates, almond meal, pecans, coconut oil, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and pulse until you get a sticky mixture. Pinch the mixture with your fingers to test for stickiness. You may need to add 1 tsp of water to hold the mixture together.
- Transfer the mixture to the springform pan and press down using your fingers to flatten the mixture.
- Put the mascarpone cheese, vanilla extract and confectioner's sugar in a mixing bowl and mix using a hand mixer or put everything in a Kitchen Aid stand mixer and use the whisk to mix everything together. Mix for about a minute until everything is incorporated. If you want a mini workout for your arms, you can use a wooden spatula or a whisk and mix away.
- Transfer the mixture in the springform pan with the crust and spread evenly.
- Spread the slice strawberries in concentric circles over the cream layer.
- Cover and place the pan in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Remove the ring from the springform pan and serve.