Author Notes: This is one of my favorite salads to make for myself because it is rich and delicious! I recommend paring this salad with a glass of Cotes de Gascogne and an episode or two of Seinfeld. Please note that I am a little loose with the ingredient measurements because I don't know how hungry you are! - Helenthenanny
- a handful of almonds
- a pinch or two of cayenne
- a pinch of salt
- mixed greens
- a handful of dried and sweetened cranberries
- a pearl red onion, sliced into thin slivers
- 2 ounces or so of smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 ounce goat cheese crumbles
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Put your almonds in a bag with the cayenne and salt and shake.
- Put the mixed greens in a bowl and add the almonds, dried cranberries, red onion slices, and goat cheese crumbles. Break up the smoked salmon into flakes and add them to the salad. Drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic onto the salad to taste, along with a little bit of honey. Toss gently and eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner