If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite salads to make for myself because it is rich and delicious! I recommend paring this salad with a glass of Cotes de Gascogne and an episode or two of Seinfeld. Please note that I am a little loose with the ingredient measurements because I don't know how hungry you are! - Helenthenanny
- a handful of almonds
- a pinch or two of cayenne
- a pinch of salt
- mixed greens
- a handful of dried and sweetened cranberries
- a pearl red onion, sliced into thin slivers
- 2 ounces or so of smoked salmon
- 1 1/2 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Put your almonds in a bag with the cayenne and salt and shake.
- Put the mixed greens in a bowl and add the almonds, dried cranberries, red onion slices, and goat cheese crumbles. Break up the smoked salmon into flakes and add them to the salad. Drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic onto the salad to taste, along with a little bit of honey. Toss gently and eat!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.