Author Notes: A gooey treat that will satisfy even the most intense 2pm craving. Adapted from Smitten Kitchen. - Julie Myers
Makes about 20 blondies
- 1 stick of butter (4 ounces), melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- About 1/2 cups peanut butter for swirling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter an 8×8 pan.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour, then chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Dollop drops of peanut butter over the batter (about 1 per blondie piece, or as desired). Swirl with finger.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until set in the middle. Gooey is good.
- Optional: as soon as the blondies come out of the oven, sprinkle with additional chips (for aesthetics, mostly). Let cool completely, cut, and serve!